Hot Work Permit
Prior to any welding, cutting, or hot work activity, a permit shall be obtained from the Fire Department per Section 220.127.116.11 of the Massachusetts Sate Fire Code. The following items and forms must be completed and brought to the address below for approval. Hot work permits will not be issued without them. You may email the forms to email@example.com, but you must still bring the check and pick up the permit at the below address prior to any work.
Hyannis Fire Department
95 High School Rd Ext.
Hyannis, MA 02601
- Copy of State Trade License if any
- $25.00 Check made out to… Hyannis Fire Department
- Must have copy of Hot Work Safety Certification
How to get Hot Work Safety Certification… Link is provided and can be taken online (2 hours)
- Hyannis Hot Work Authorization Form (PDF)
- Massachusetts standard application for Fire Department Permit (PDF)
*** Firefighter fire watch details will be required if the building is occupied by the public, or the Hyannis Fire Department deems it necessary for permitting. ***
Hot Work Permit is NOT required when….
- Those individuals who are licensed under a specialized code (M.G.L. chapter 143 section 96) such as, but not limited to, plumbers, electricians, etc. are not required to secure a permit from the head of the fire department. For example, a plumber who pulls a permit to do plumbing work is not required to get another permit from the fire department for the hot work that is incidental to their plumbing work.
- Individuals who conduct hot work on their own premises or equipment must consult with their fire department before performing hot work but do not need a permit from the fire department.
- Homeowners and Hobbyists are exempt from permitting requirements of 527 CMR 1.00 Massachusetts Comprehensive Fire Safety Code